Microsoft Program Manager Eric Ligman has been posting lists of free eBooks from his blog. I have not mentioned these books in past blog postings. So, this posting is a catch-up for the three lists he has already mentioned and subsequently summarized. I will be commenting on free books which help for Microsoft data analytics and data science.
Click this link for the list of free eBooks.
This list has the eBooks I recommend for data mining and analytics. You will have to find my recommendations on Eric Ligman’s list: I intentionally did not provide direct links because I would like you to browse and explore the entire list on your own:
- Introducing Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- SQL Server 2012 Tutorials: Analysis Services – Tabular Modeling
- SQL Server 2012 Tutorials: Analysis Services – Data Mining
- SQL Server 2012 Tutorials: Analysis Services – Multidimensional Modeling
- Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services Multidimensional Performance and Operations Guide
- Data Mining Extensions (DMX) Reference
- Multidimensional Expressions (MDX) Reference
- Multidimensional Model Programming
- SQL Server 2012 Developer Training Kit
I did not list any Azure or developer books, but you may want to use some of them for your own data science or analytics development. You might want to let other people know about these free eBooks, and provide your own list of recommendations.